Thursday 8 October 2015

Nutty Porridge

Hi guys, if you read my last post you will know that this post is a recipe. I've been thinking for a little while how to get back into writing recipes and making interesting content for this blog. Then I realised, it's my blog and I can write about what ever I like. I can write recipes for things that I like and even write recipes for things I've been making for years, I really hope you enjoy reading the blog the way I'll be writing it from now on. 

So here goes with the first super simple recipe.

It's basically porridge with ground nuts, let's be honest, most of the time the simple things are the best and this is porridge is super easy, super filling and super delicious. You can't really go wrong making it either it's basically a one pot dish. 

Anyway I'll stop rambling on now and get to the actual recipe.








Nutty Porridge
Serves 2

Ingredients 
1 cup oats
1/2 cup ground mixed nuts (peanuts,Brazil nuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts)
1/2 plant milk (I used cashew)
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tbsp sweetener (maple, stevia, sugar)
Toppings such as chopped nuts, chia seeds, sunflower seeds

Method

1. Place all the ingredients apart from toppings in a pan on a medium heat.
2. Bring the the boil, then simmer until thick
3. Pour into your favourite bowl and top with what ever you fancy.
4. Enjoy a warm, comforting and filling breakfast.


No comments: