Monday 9 February 2015

Superfood Porridge

Hi guys.

It's been a little longer than I would have liked since my last post and I'll explain why. All the things I've tried recently just haven't worked out the way I would have liked so I haven't posted them, lets be honest quality is way more important than quantity.

I have a whole week off work so have loads of free time to experiment with new recipes, so lets get started with this healthy superfood porridge. This is a great way to start the day and will fill you up until lunch as well as providing a boat load of energy.

I started thinking of making this sometime last summer when I read somewhere you can use quinoa for porridge. I've added oats, almonds, raw cacao powder and chia seeds to make a super healthy, energising breakfast.







Superfood Porridge

Recipe by Andrew Donaldson
Cook time: 19 minutes
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup Quinoa
  • 1/2 cup Oats
  • 2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
  • 1 tsp Chia Seeds
  • 1 tbsp Ground Almonds
  • 1 cup Dairy Free Milk
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • 1 tsp Agave Nectar
Cooking Directions
  1. In a medium size pan add the quinoa, milk and water, simmer for 15 minutes.
  2. Add the oats and almonds stir then simmer for another 4 minutes.
  3. Remove from the heat add the cacao, chia and agave nectar.
  4. Top with some frozen blueberries and a handful of nuts.
You could make this is night before and keep it in the fridge for a quick easy breakfast the next day.

I hope you like this post, if you make the porridge please post a picture to instagram with #NEveggie so i can see it.

See you soon.