Tuesday 1 July 2014

PB & J overnight oats


So as I said yesterday I'm going to post an overnight oats recipe everyday this week. I'm trying to go with flavour combos I like, but today I went with something I've never been a fan of, PB & J. So far I've tried it once on toast and found it strange, I thought I'd give it another go and let's say I'm converted.

Let me tell you this one will not disappoint, there's enought peanut butter to be able to taste it and the strawberry jam gives it a lovely fruity twist. The addition of nuts and chia seeds for texture make all the difference too. If you make these oats you must the toppings as they make all the difference. 

I seriously love peanut butter see photo below for the proof, I would have it for every meal if I was allowed to. These oats fulfill my daily need for peanut butter and make for a really filling breakfast. 











Ingridients

3/4 cup of oats
3/4 cup brown rice milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon jam

Toppings
Blanched peanuts
More jam if you like it jammy.

Method

1. Add all the ingredients into a jar and give it a good shake.
2. Place in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
3. In the morning add the toppings and tuck in. 

Enjoy!