Monday 9 June 2014

Vegan sweet potato falafel

I love falafel, I love sweet potato. Mash the two together and you've got the greatest falafel you've ever tasted. Fully vegan and delicious these little bad boys will make your day.




I served it up with toasted pitta bread, hummus and salad.

To make this delious filling meal you going to need to following.

2 sweet potatoes, baked whole in the skin.
1 can of chickpeas, drained
1 tbsp flour, I used spelt flour
1 tbsp cornmeal
1 tbsp oats
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp chili powder, I used mild
1 tsp Cyenne
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika

Method

1. Remove the sweet potato from its skin and place in a bowl.
2. Add the chickpeas and spices, mash until combined
3. Add the flour, cornmeal and oats and stir to combined
4. With wet hands shape the mixture I to roughly ten golf ball size pieces
5. Fry in a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil until brown.
6. Serve with pitta bread and your favorite salad and sauce.

If you find this recipe and you make it let me know what you think in the comments.

Enjoy!