Sunday 29 June 2014

Peanut butter maple overnight oats


Hi guys, it's been a while since my last post sorry about that, I have been a little uninspired recently as well as being super busy with some DIY projects, but I'm back with a super easy breakfast idea I'm sure you are all going to love.


If there's one thing I love it's oats for breakfast, I've always felt that oats were a breakfast for cold winter mornings, that was until I discovered overnight oats. The internet is full of ideas for overnight oats from Oh She Glows to A Beautiful Mess. I got through so many recipes I couldn't decide which one to make so I decided to knock up my own using two of my favorite ingredients; peanut butter and maple syrup.

This recipe is perfect for a busy morning which mine always are. When I get up I need to tend to the animals, make cups of tea, prepare lunch for myself and Emily, then get dressed and head out to work. 
The fact I can wake up and open the fridge and have this waiting for me means I shave a good ten minutes off my morning routine which is great when you usually rush around like a crazed maniac until the second you leave for work. 


I prepared the oats in a Kilner mason jar which means I can store and eat it from the same vessel saving on washing up too (WIN!!). As you can see I have replaced the lid with a nice bright orange one as the original one has gone walk about. I put some cling film over the opening of the jar to make sure there was a good seal. 






   




There's not much to making this nutritious breakfast, the fridge does all the work for you. 
You're going to need the following,

3/4 cup Oats (I used organic jumbo oats) 
3/4 cup of almond milk (you could use coconut or oat milk)
2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used Meridian crunchy)
1 tablespoon maple syrup

Toppings
1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts 
1 tablespoon chopped Brazil nuts
1 tablespoon chopped almonds
1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
1 teaspoon chia seeds

Method

1. Take a jar or bowl and add the oats, peanut butter & maple syrup.
2. Add the almond milk. 
3. Stir to combine all the ingredients. 
4. Pop on a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
5. Take out of the fridge, stir it up and add the toppings.

If you want to warm the oats before you eat them, pop them in the microwave for about 40 seconds before adding the toppings then continue with step 5.

Enjoy!

P.S. If you try this recipe or have a favourite overnight oats recipe of your own please comment below or tweet us, we would love to hear what you think.