Monday 30 June 2014

Hazelnut and cocoa overnight oats

So after the success of yesterday's breakfast I've decided to make this "the week of overnight oats", I figured that I'll be making them anyway so I may as well post about them. That got my mind ticking and after a while I came up with the idea of chocolate hazelnut flavour oats. Obviously if your not vegan you can use Nutella for this recipe but as I don't eat dairy I had to think of a way around it. I've had some hazelnut butter hanging around in the cupboard for about 2 months now and I haven't really known what to do with it. I bought Linwood's flaxseed with cocoa and berries the other day too so I thought why not try mixing that with the hazlenut butter, let me tell you this was a wow moment.

When I took the lid off the smell of Nutella hit me in the face, for all you vegans out there that miss the taste of Nutella I recommend making these oats.

Anyway tomorrow I'll be having PB and J oats so come back and check that one out. 











Ingridients

3/4 cup of oats
3/4 cup of brown rice milk (you can use any milk you want)
1 tablespoon hazelnut butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup (or any other natural sweetner of your choice) 
1 tablespoon cocoa powder ( I used a flaxseed cocoa mix)

Toppings
1 teaspoon chopped hazelnuts
1 teaspoon cocoa nibs
1 teaspoon chia seeds

Method

1. Place all the Ingridients into a mason jar.
2. Pop on a lid and shake it to combine.
3. Place it in the fridge and leave for at least 4 hours.
4. Remove from the fridge, add the toppings and tuck in.

Enjoy!