Tuesday 11 March 2014

Sweet potato and coconut soup


From now on yesterday shall be known as Soup Sunday as I spent most of my afternoon making two types of soup, one of which I posted yesterday.


If you haven't guessed already I LOVE sweet potato, wether it's in curry, soup, pasta or in the form of sweet potato fries I just bloody love the things, I have another two meals planned this week that include them in some shape or form.

This soup is a sweet, smooth and delicious addition to my soup repertoire, the combination of sweet potato, coconut milk and paprika is heavenly. I dare you all to make it. 


Ingridients

1 white onion
1kg sweet potato
1 can coconut milk
1 pint vegetable stock
Thumb size piece of ginger
1 tablespoon paprika
A pinch of cyanne pepper to taste
Salt and pepper

1. Peel the sweet potatoes and ginger
2. Chop the sweet potato and onion and place in a pan with a little oil over a low heat
3. Grate the ginger into the pan and lightly fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the paprika and cyanne and stir
5. Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
6. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 mins, stirring occasionally 
7. Once the potato is tender transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. 

This is a very easy recipe and has made enough soup for my lunch for the whole week. 

Give it ago and tell me what your think.

Enjoy!